Saturday, November 14, 2009

my senses are singing...


i adoooore laurel's kitchen cookbook.....












baking has so much more in store for one than the bliss of the finished product ...
here's what i mean....


another beautiful autumn day today here in northern alabama....70 n sunny....the leaves are on fire w/ color...
w/ our men folk @ a football game my oldest (married) daughter came over to spend the day w/ me n her sisters...one will never know the joy i feel @ having all of my girls under my roof...

my wheat grinder makes quite a mess so it prefers to do it's job on the porch...because of the beautiful day this task was a pleasant one...especially because my daughters followed me out n visited w/ me n each other...the warmth of the sun n the fragrance of the wheat being crushed n the softness of the cats as they wound around my ankle n the sweet singsong of my daughters voices was so delightful.....

oh yes back to the baking...

the kitchen held it's own delights....the sun streaming in the window catching little dancing flecks of  floating flour...the smell of mashed bananas n pecans n sugar as they do their magic in the warm oven n mix w/ the fresh potted herbs from the window sill who offer up the fragrance of their oils to the warm sunshine....the warmth of the floor on my bare feet where the sun lies across it....hmmmmmmm

.......my senses are singing






1 comment:

  1. baking relaxes me. i have to tell you looking at the pictures on your blog relaxes me

    ReplyDelete